Answers to the Questionnaire
- Signs and Symptoms of violently shaking a child or an infant
- Mother’s Boyfriends; Males in their early 20’s are the most likely perpetrators
- An infant crying is the most common trigger of Shaken Baby Syndrome, advice can be found on our website.
- 5 to 10 second of violent shaking is all it takes to cause serious damage to an infant. Cases have been seen in children up to 5 years old. Some cases are unseen and cause slow damage
- 25% of SBS victims die from the injuries sustained from been violently shaken. That is 1 in 4 victims. Other victims will sustain permanent damage and can survive in a vegetative state. There is a small percentage of victims that pull through in miraculous ways but will suffer with some disability throughout their life such as learning disabilities to more serious disabilities such as cerebral palsy.
As I have already stated, I am not a doctor, scientist or health professional. I am just someone who wants to make a difference to Shaken Baby Syndrome.
I have done alot of research on various sites to gather all the information you need to know onto one simple site.
Some of our information came from
All of the people that are involved in contributing to this site work and have other priorities so we will make updates when possible. However we are very dedicated to making this charity work and will do as much as we can in the time we have.